Friday 6 December 2013

Out with the old and in with the new

As it is December, and nearly time for our Christmas decorations to go up, I decided to eat these lovely squash that have been adorning my fireplace for a month or so.  I originally bought one in Morissons and the other on Lymm market.  The skin was difficult to cut through, but they were fine to eat.  I made a great soup with them:  I just skinned and diced them, tossed them along with a red pepper and an onion in oil and smoked paprika, then roasted at 180degrees for 1/2hour.  Then put the lot in a pan, added stock and adjusted the seasoning before zizzing with a hand blender.  I made it slightly smarter by toasting some sliced almonds for sprinkling on the top because we were having visitors. 
I need to move onto more Christmassy food preparation now...has anyone got any ideas for some cranberries I have washed and put in a bag in the freezer?  No points for cranberry sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...