Friday 15 August 2014

A Quick Update

Good news guys...the Farmstart project that I wrote of in my last blog does have produce for sale locally.  They have some food leftover from supplying the Manchester food network, and it is for sale at the Abbey Leys farm shop (http://www.abbeyleys.co.uk/).  They currently have tomatoes and courgettes.

That is a good excuse for a recipe link, I think!  Of course, there is the popular summer stew - ratatouille to make with those two items.  However, what to create when there are no aubergines?  Have no fear because BBC Good Food has 92 recipes listed which include tomato and courgette! (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search/recipes?query=courgette+tomato&=Search)  I'd love to hear how you get on with some of those if I see you out and about in Lymm.  Alas, no photos again on this blog posting I'm afraid.  I'll rectify that next time because my next posting will be about the build up to the Lymm Produce Show on Sunday 7th September...so start planning what you will bring!

Lisa Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...