Wednesday 8 October 2014

Let's Celebrate?

It would be easy at this time of year to be fed up about the passing of a gorgeous summer.  I have found this week, though, that I am embracing the change by getting stuck in to some autumnal recipes - and some of you have written to say that you have too:

Sue O'Connor bought some Carlisle Codlin and Baker's Delicious apples from the Oughtrington community orchard at the Lymm Produce Show.  She created a different version of apple crumble using a Raymond Blanc recipe  http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/778642/apple-and-blackberry-crumble


After a bumper crop of raspberries at her allotment, Zoe Cohen sent in a picture of her raspberry, cinnamon and raisin muffins.  They look healthy enough to eat for breakfast, don't they?

My autumnal fare, has included picking my 2.7metre tall sunflower to use as a centre piece for a family meal on top of a bowl of conkers:


I fell in love with some rainbow chard at the Abbey Leys farmer's market on Sunday and bought far too much.  A quick internet search 'can I freeze chard' revealed that I could (phew!), so that is waiting in the freezer for another meal.


Sometimes we get stuck in a rut, even with our favourite vegetables.  Consequently, I have written some recipe cards for parsnip and celeriac to take to Lymm market on Thursday.  Look out for them next to those two lovely British vegetables if you are stuck for ideas.

Lisa Reid plus help from Zoe and Sue - thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...