Sunday 12 January 2014

Lymm Lovelies

I was at Lymm market this week, dashing about to fit in some quick local shopping before getting more work done.  I found these lovely gems at the back of the fruit and veg stall.  I have no idea why people like apples from other countries.  You can't beat the heady scent of a British apple.  I ate one later with some Cheshire cheese and oatcakes. 
I have fond memories of taking my kids to an apple day at Reaseheath College.  The activity which most caught their attention, was apple and cheese tasting.  As well as the better known horticultural and agricultural courses there, they also make their own cheese.  Since that day, we have always had a couple of British apples sliced whenever we have a cheeseboard.  Its fun to find your favourite apple/cheese combo. 
Lisa Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...