Monday 6 January 2014

Necessity is the mother of invention

As it was the first Sunday of the month this week, I excitedly set off for Abbey Leys farm to see what the monthly farmer's market had to offer...only to find I had too effectively switched my brain off over the holidays and had forgotten they have a break in January!  I still filled my box with lots of lovely goodies at the farm shop.  When food shopping I love to just fill my basket with all the local or British ingredients and then look up recipes on my return home.  Today I turned a selection of root vegetables into a Moroccan soup with the addition of stock and some ras-el-hanout spice mix.  Swirling some chilli jam and lemon juice into it at the table made it look even prettier.
Lisa Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...