Monday 10 February 2014

Birthday bash at the Spread Eagle

My lovely husband had optimistically blocked out Saturday afternoon for us all to have a walk finishing at a pub to celebrate my birthday.  Sadly, the weather wasn't co-operating so we needed a change of plan.  I still needed a breath of fresh air after spending the morning indoors, so we had a quick walk down to the Spread Eagle and took some games with us.  It was a great plan, because they had lovely Manchester Pale Ale on a draught pump and we had some great food too.


One of my sons opted for that ever-popular pub classic - chilli con carne.  There was enough on the plate to feed an army, but he polished off the lot.  The chilli was very tasty and the sour cream made it feel more cosmopolitan.
 

My husband had a burger.  A thick, chunky one, with bacon and cheese.  Judging by the speed it was consumed, he loved it too.

It would have been easy to stay at home because the weather was so poor.  As we sat with a pint, playing games and looking out at the rain, I reflected on what a good decision it was to go out!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know the Spread did proper food! I really must get out more...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...