Friday 7 February 2014

Shop local for lovely Valentine's gifts

 
How gorgeous are these biscuits?  I popped into Nancy's Deli in Lymm village yesterday.  I had no idea what to buy my beau for a Valentine's gift, so it was good to find lots of ideas there.  The first thing that hit me among the pies and cakes, were these cute double-layered biscuits. 
The next eye-catching gift, was this champagne/passionfruit curd/chocolate combo.  I can imagine that going down really well with some lucky recipients.  However...I was shopping for a man who isn't known for champagne drinking, so the next gift was perfect...
My husband and I are big fans of local ales, so this will be right up his street.
 
OK, I have to admit to sneaking in one of the heart-shaped biscuits to eat myself with a coffee at home.  Well, you know they say, 'while the cat's away...'!
And the best thing about the gift is that it is already wrapped.  All that is left is to find where to hide it without drinking it myself!
 
Lisa Reid

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...