Monday 10 February 2014

Just the stew for a cold day

Its February and the wind is mighty cold, so perfect time for a stew…Lisa has procured me some Little Heath (www.littleheathfarmshop.co.uk) diced venison which I’m going to stew.  I’ve checked all my recipe books and I’ve not found any stewed venison recipes (& I have a lot of recipe books).  So off to the internet to search for some inspiration.  I love reading recipes as whilst I can chuck a load of ingredients into a pot as well as the next person I like to try and compare different recipes.  I’ve found a recipe from Jamie Oliver www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/game-recipes/venison-juniper-stew that looks interesting & it uses Juniper berries some of which I’ve had in my store cupboard forever.
 
Yum that was easy and tasty and with a few extra potatoes made enough for 2 teas  - so fed 11 of us over 2 nights.  I also made some corn bread to accompany it on the second night.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...