Monday 24 February 2014

Egg-cellent idea (groan)

Do you do that in your house...at Easter time have egg-related puns all day?  We do, and by the end of breakfast, we are usually groaning so loudly at some of the attempts, that we mutually agree to stop.  I haven't been shopping in a town-centre for a while, but I can imagine that if I did, I would be overwhelmed with Easter merchandise because we are nearly in March already  I don't mind too much because the images and colours are redolent of spring, and remind me that sunnier times are on the way. 
I called in to Broomedge Farm, just around the corner from the Jolly Thresher last week.  They already have a few business interests bringing revenue into our local economy and were telling me that they are taking over the bacon sales from Rushgreen Service Station, which is closing soon.  This will complement the farm's existing egg sales nicely.

Eggs sold at Broomedge Farm, Burford Lane
I bought some eggs, and made a lovely omelette for lunch with local kale and potatoes. 
So, if you are passing that end of the village, think about popping in to buy a half dozen eggs and a pack of bacon to support a local company. 
Watch this space and I'll let you know when they get their first delivery of bacon...and no more egg puns, I promise!
Lisa Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...