Thursday 27 February 2014

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

Sometimes I have to pinch myself:  I live in a beautiful village with a thriving centre which has outlets that I really like.  That was my feeling prior to last summer, anyway.  Since the summer opening of a micro-brewery by Lymm Brewing Company and its bar - the Brewery Tap, I just can't believe how lucky I am.  You may guess from reading blog postings, that I love most kinds of food and drink, but I am a proper northerner in that I love a pint of real ale.

I now take every opportunity to organise nights out in the Brewery Tap because I just think it fulfils most things I want in a local pub.  There is a great atmosphere, it is in the middle of Lymm, has a wood-burning stove, and great ale.  I popped in for a breather from the kids at half term last week and found they now do a 'beer paddle'.  This essentially is three 1/3 pint glasses in a wooden paddle to carry them back to your table.  How ingenious is that?  Now I don't need to stand at the bar for hours trying to work out which of the lovely ales I will try because I could try most of them in 2 paddles. 


The Tap doesn't serve food, but when Nancy's Deli is open a few doors down, she happily supplies her food to eat with your pint.  (Tip: try the tractor wheel pies, you won't be disappointed)  Now here I am chattering on about ale, but they also have all the other drinks you usually find in a pub.  I would tell you about those, but I only have eyes for the brown stuff in a pint glass!

My favourite excuse to visit is to take my whole family down at about 5pm while a casserole is in the oven at the weekend.  We take a few card games, have a nice drink, and a breath of fresh air before settling down in front of the box after the casserole is consumed at home for a lovely family film. 

If my ramblings haven't convinced you to visit, then perhaps the fact that they have just won Gold at the CAMRA Winter Ales Festival might?

Lisa Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...