Monday 3 February 2014

Vive la France a la High Legh

You know sometimes you go on holiday and think 'Oh I really wish we did this in the UK'?  I frequently think that when I am in a French market.  It is one of my favourite pastimes when abroad.  I love to guess some of the more unusual offerings, chat to stall holders and just soak up the ambience.  It is a great way to interact with the local culture.  That's one of the reasons I prefer self-catering holidays

On Sunday I felt proud to wander around Abbey Leys farm, High Legh at the monthly farmer's market because it was so like that French market experience.  The snowdrops were glistening in the hedgerow and everyone had a spring in their step because it was unexpectedly sunny.  I got a real kick out of talking to stall holders because they really know their stuff and were pleased to be able to showcase their lovely produce to an appreciative audience. 

A friend and I have realised that we are sometimes a bit too busy to do all the local shopping we would like, so have started to text each other when we are about to shop.  That way, we go out half as often but get to enjoy local food just as much.  For my part, this is entirely a win/win situation because I get to spend even more time at the market since I am now shopping for two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...