Monday 3 February 2014

Parsley perfection


















Gosh, I'm a little behind with blog posts!  So many local foodie things have happened in our house over the last few days, that I can't keep up.  First up, after my visit to Lymm market on Thursday, I washed off the HUGE bunch of parsley I bought for 50p...yes 50p.  I love a bargain: it really puts a spring in my step.  I can't help pulling a few leaves off every time I am in the fridge because it is so glossy and green. 

My aunty gave me a gammon joint, so I pot roasted it with veg, and all the parsley stalks.  It fed 8 of us that evening easily.  Whenever I cook gammon this way, I pop some red lentils in the pot after removing the joint and some of the liquid for gravy (we are northeners after all!).  I leave it simmering for 15 more minutes and then zizz up with a blender to make delicious soup.  If I have leftover gammon, I then flake it in. 

As a result, I made 15 meals with this joint and a few vegetables: 8 for gammon dinner and a further 7 soup portions. 
Lisa Reid
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...